Three Months Make All the Difference…
Being a man who wants to become a father you can do a lot to increase your chance of having a healthy baby soon. Throughout the three months of sperm development and maturation a healthy lifestyle as well as a balanced diet can contribute significantly to making your sperms achieve peak form. And this is exactly what they are going to need – the distance they have to swim is huge!
Sperms in Need!
Unfortunately, according to the WHO (world health organization), sperm counts have been on the decline for decades. Simultaneously sperm motility is deteriorating. Experts say that 40 % of the world’s male population have impaired sperm counts – not a good basis!
Semen analysis (a spermiogram) can tell you more about the situation of your sperms – please see your urologist for this! Alternatively you can get a first clue by using a rapid tests which you can easily do yourself.
Please be aware that spermiograms can vary considerably. Whatever the result of your spermiogram, it is never too late to change things. Sperms need three months for full development and you can do a lot to support them during this time!
What You Can Do
For healthy sperms experts recommend to:
– Get enough sleep
– Quit smoking and drug use
– Avoid excessive coffee and alcohol consumption
– Avoid harmful substances at your workplace (e.g. chemicals, pesticides)
– Limit your intake of trans fatty acids from junk food
– Try to avoid distressing situations in your everyday life
– Exercise regularly
– Protect your testes from hyperthermia (avoid tight fitting underwear and going to the sauna frequently)
– Don’t put your cell phone in the pockets of your trousers and your lap is not a suitable place to put your laptop either, even if its name may suggest so
– Do have sex regularly – frequent ejaculations have been shown to improve sperm counts.
– Best for the quality of semen is an ejaculation every second or third day.
Food for Healthy Sperms
There are quite a few harmful environmental influences on sperm quantity and quality and there are also some foods you should consume in moderate quantities only:
– There is evidence that eating lots of meat, sausage, milk and dairy products may compromise quality of semen.
– Soy products have been linked to decreasing sperm counts by possible estrogenic effects.
– Instead supply your sperms with vital nutrients and minerals for a healthy development.
– Choose food that contains lots of antioxidants for an effective protection against oxidative stress. This includes vegetables (don’t miss out on legumes such as beans), fruits, nuts and wholegrain products.
– Ideally you should eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetable per day. Variety is important, too.
– Add sources of omega-3 fats such as salmon. Plant sources of polyunsaturated fats include flaxseed, walnuts and canola oil.
– Staying hydrated is important for fertility and general good health. Two to three liters per day are recommended, however do not drink too much coffee, alcohol and sodas.
– If you want to be on the safe side, take Fertilovit®Mplus twice daily for adequate supply with vitamins and other micronutrients.
What Sets Fertilovit® Mplus Apart from Similar Supplements?
Fertilovit® Mplus is a dietetic supplement for the management of nutrition-related fertility problems. It is the first product world-wide containing antioxidants with long-term effect. For the developing spermatozoa this means protection against aggressive reactive oxygen species round the clock.
Fertilovit® Mplus has been tested at leading ART clinics and has proven itself in practice.
ICSI, IVF and Insemination
Taking Fertilovit® Mplus is particularly recommended, if you consider fertility treatment such as IVF, insemination or ICSI. An antioxidative therapy complementing ART procedures can increase success rates (Ross et al, 2010, RBM Online; Showell et al, 2011, Cochrane Database Syst. Rev).
You Are a Team!
According to a survey women need to feel their partner’s support throughout fertility treatment. They appreciate if their partner tries all he possibly can to increase chances for conception. Taking Fertilovit® provides an excellent opportunity to contribute actively to the common aim, simultaneously supporting your partner emotionally.
People will know from this article that there are foods that they should consume in moderate quantities only. It is also important to consume food that contains lots of antioxidants for an effective protection against oxidative stress. This includes vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grain product.
Thank you very much for your comment – I entirely agree
Thank you for the article.
Great blog that I enjoyed reading.
Very impressive blog.
Interesting article right on the subject.